Garden Update

Don't Worry, We're Still Here!

I know it's been a while since I've posted. We went on vacation, and then life got in the way. Then, my camera-phone took a little swim (and my photos went for a little swim too). I dusted off my digital camera to find that it wasn't working, either.

Nevertheless, the greenhouse is doing great. We are very impressed with its ability to hold heat, but a little worried about how cold it gets in there if the sun doesn't come out. On cloudy days, it's definitely chilly. The good news is that the plants are inside, so they shouldn't be affected by frost.

To keep the temperature level, we've gotten some large buckets of water to use as thermal mass, which should collect the heat during the day and then disperse it at night.

The biggest challenge I'm having (other than the wet phone) is now that it's dark by the time I get home from work, I can only take photos on the weekend. When I have the camera situation sorted out, I'll be back with more pics.

Thanks for keeping up with us, and hope your holiday season is an enjoyable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment